Applications for round two of the Queensland Biomedical Voucher Program closed on 27 June 2019.
The program offers Queensland-based biomedical businesses up to 50% of the fees they would charge to a national or international client to develop its biomedical product in Queensland, up to a cap of $250,000 (excluding GST). The national or international client must meet the other 50% of the costs.
What kinds of biomedical services were eligible for funding?
- Design development and validation services.
- Prototype building and testing.
- Contract development and/or manufacturing services.
- Contract research, specialist advice or professional services.
- Commercialisation advice and services.
- The cost of small items of plant and equipment needed to provide the biomedical services.
Who was eligible?
To be eligible to apply, applicants had to be a Queensland-based business providing biomedical services to support the development of biomedical products.
- services must form a discrete project and not be a continuation of existing work between the service provider and client
- services must be delivered at a physical location in Queensland
- biomedical product being developed must be clearly defined.