Resource recovery is a great opportunity for Queensland. It will:
- reduce waste
- cut greenhouse gas emissions
- create better environmental outcomes
- build a more sustainable economy to create jobs and economic benefits.
Queensland is moving toward a circular economy. Our draft Resource Recovery Industries 10-Year Roadmap and Action Plan (2.5 MB) has been developed to accelerate this transition and develop our state's resource recovery industries.
The draft roadmap sets out a path to:
- increase resource recovery rates
- improve adoption of modern technologies
- divert landfill waste toward more valuable uses.
Have your say
The draft roadmap is now open for public consultation. You can provide your feedback on the draft roadmap. Submissions close at 5 pm on 17 June 2019.