In a Priority Development Area (PDA), clearing vegetation (i.e. removal of the vegetation) may be regulated by the development scheme. If this is the case a PDA development application is required to be lodged, assessed and approved prior to clearing the vegetation.

In a PDA other than a Brisbane PDA, interfering with vegetation (e.g. pruning) may be managed by the local government under a local law. 

In certain Brisbane PDAs, interfering with controlled vegetation is managed by EDQ under the Economic Development (Vegetation Management) By-law 2013 (PDF icon 479 KB)

Application for permit to interfere with controlled vegetation (Word icon 275 KB)

Application for review of original decision to interfere with controlled vegetation (Word icon 268 KB)

vegetation management