Engaging local industry and supporting jobs are two of the key objectives for the project.
Opportunities for local companies to tender for work on the stadium are being maximised by:
- implementing Watpac’s local content engagement plan including meeting with local businesses to assess their capabilities and capacity and then adjusting how works are packaged
- applying the Queensland Charter for Local Content
- contracting the local content services of the Industry Capability Network (ICN) a not-for-profit organisation that assists engagement of local businesses during the procurement process
- supporting local businesses to be better positioned to tender and win work through the Queensland Government’s Strengthening Queensland initiatives.
Watpac is targeting at least 80% of hours spent building the Stadium be by locals and at least 80% of the value of the project to be spent on local subcontractors and suppliers.
Watpac is also targeting 6.6% of the construction workforce be Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people.
Registering your business’ interest
Businesses with an interest in participating in the construction of the North Queensland Stadium project are encouraged to complete the following two steps:
- establish a company profile (and capability statement) on the ICN Gateway at: http://gateway.icn.org.au and
- lodge an expression of interest (EOI) for the partial and/or full scope work packages at: www.northqueenslandstadium.icn.org.au/
Trade package requests for tender
A shortlist of suitable businesses that have registered through the ICN Gateway will be invited to tender each trade package. Trade packages are being progressively released for tender in line with the project program.
In situations where suitable businesses cannot be identified from those that have expressed interest through the ICN Gateway, or where no businesses have expressed interest through the ICN Gateway, alternative processes will be used to procure the required packages of work.
Trade packages released for tender
The following trade packages have been released for tender (current 9 March 2018):
- Hydraulic Services
- North, South & East Stands Structural Steel
- Mechanical Services.
Trade packages closed and under review
The following trade packages have closed and are under review with award pending (current 9 March 2018):
- Site security (Access control)
- Subcontractor amenities and walkways (Stage 2)
- Temporary Hydraulics (Stage 2)
- Traffic and pedestrian management
- Mobile cranes
- Stadium Seating
- Electrical Services
- Hoist Hire.
Trade package award
Trade packages awarded by Watpac will be displayed on the ICN Gateway and listed on this website.
Trade packages awarded
The following trade packages have been awarded (current 9 March 2018):
For more details refer to the ICN Gateway.
Strengthening North Queensland
The department is delivering a suite of workshops, industry events and information materials to assist local businesses to be competitive in positioning for work on the North Queensland Stadium project.
This includes a series of workshops to assist local businesses to understand where they fit in the extended project supply chain and prepare effective capability statements to position for work.
Networking events are also on offer to provide opportunities for local manufacturers, suppliers and contractors to connect with like-minded businesses to form joint-venturing arrangements and supply partnerships.
Industry Capability Network (ICN) Gateway express workshops are also available to provide practical guidance to businesses to register their interest in the project.
To learn more about how the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning is assisting local industry to make the most of the full, fair and reasonable opportunities to tender for work on the project,visit our Strengthening North Queensland page.
Probity Code of Practice
A Probity Code of Practice has been established for North Queensland Stadium project and independent probity auditors have been appointed to oversee the project.