|EIS status||Approved with conditions|
|Description||High-pressure acid leach plant with a projected production of 63,000 tonnes of nickel and 5,000 tonnes of cobalt per annum (Stage 1).|
|Proponent||Gladstone Pacific Nickel Ltd|
|Location/s||8 km west of Gladstone. Map|
|Local government/s||Gladstone Regional Council|
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Key environmental impact statement (EIS) documents
- Coordinator-General's report on EIS ( 1.41 MB), January 2009
- Environmental Assessment of Treated Water Discharge to Port Curtis (technical supplement to Coordinator-General's report on EIS), July 2008
- Supplementary EIS, February 2008
- Environmental impact statement, April 2007
- Terms of reference for EIS ( 399 KB), March 2006
- Initial advice statement ( 1.84 MB), October 2005
Australian Government approval
Commonwealth Minister for the Environment's approval of controlled action, subject to conditions.