||Development of land-based aquaculture, processing facilities and supporting infrastructure to produce tiger prawns.
||De Costi Seafoods Pty Ltd (wholly owned subsidiary of Tassal Group Limited).
||Bloomsbury (approximately 70km northwest of Mackay). Map
||Mackay Regional Council
- approximately 1,000 hectares (ha) of production ponds
- approximately 200-300 ha of remediation ponds
- processing, hatchery and nursery facilities
- bulk materials handling and storage including fuel storage
- workforce accommodation and facilities
- on site quarry and screening operations for pond construction.
|Construction start date
- 100 full time equivalent (FTE) (construction)
- 620 FTE (operational)
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Environmental impact statement (EIS) process
||Draft terms of reference for EIS being prepared.
|17 July 2020
||Gazettal ( 132 KB) of ‘Coordinated project’ declaration.
|22 April 2020
||Application, including initial advice statement ( 2.6 MB), submitted.
Read more about the EIS process.